In all times and especially these uncertain times, I am grateful to serve a Risen Lord with a team of leaders as we have here at Westminster. Every Sunday night, the staff and Session have been gathering for a ZOOM meeting to check in, pray, and attend to the ongoing work of the church. This past Sunday (4/26), there were a few items of note I’d like to share with you.
- While we are all eager to resume a regular schedule, the time is not yet right. We extended our suspension of in-person worship and meetings through the month of May. We will continue to monitor national, state, and local guidelines and even now are making plans for how to resume gatherings when the time is right.
- While most planned activities are in a holding pattern, we did act to cancel the summer mission trip to Guatemala.
- Financially, the church remains on solid footing. Income continues to exceed expenses, and we are grateful for the generosity of the Westminster faithful.
- The Preschool, following the CCSD, has canceled classes for the remainder of the year.
- The Food pantry remains active. We’ve increased capacity to serve by 100%. In the last 2 weeks 144 people have been served, about half of them first-timers. Donations to the Food Pantry remain strong.
- We approved communion to be served during the May 3 livestream worship service.
- We ended the meeting with the encouragement to be seek out ways to remain connected to Jesus. In the pandemic and with all of the usual shifting sands of life, our first order of life as disciples is to stay with him!
- And, we prayed. We prayed for you.