This week in our study of the life of David, we’ll be looking at 2 Samuel 6- the time David danced with all his might before the Lord. It shows us something about David’s heart for passionate worship.
Worship is central to our relationship with God, and worship with the community is the most important thing we do every week. I’ll teach more about that on Sunday, but for now, I hope you find this little article as humorous as I did.
12 Reasons Why a Pastor Quit Attending Sporting Events
1.The coach never came to visit me.
2. Every time I went, they asked for money.
3. The people sitting in my row didn’t seem very friendly.
4. The seats were very hard.
5. The referees made a decision I didn’t agree with.
6. I was sitting with hypocrites—they only came to see what others were wearing!
7. Some games went into overtime and I was late getting home.
8. The band played some songs I had never heard before.
9. The games are scheduled on my only day to sleep in and run errands.
10. My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
11. Since I read a book on sports, I feel that I know more than the coaches, anyway.
12. I don’t want to take my children because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they like best.
See you Sunday!