Last week was one of my favorites in a long time! Thanks to the work of our Presbytery and the wonderful people of Westminster, here are some of the things I got to do:
- Be on-hand for the beginning of another great year at the Westminster Preschool.
- Attend a good meeting of Charleston Atlantic Presbytery at Second Presbyterian.
- Be part of a lunch gathering to hear and support the ministry of Thornwell home for children, a Presbyterian ministry serving children and families in SC, Georgia, and Florida.
- Share in Second Presbyterian’s ministry to college students in Charleston. Worship and communion with 80 students at a bar in downtown Charleston!
- Be there for two great meetings with Alan and Ellen Smith, coordinators of the Presbyterian Church twinning ministry and liaisons with our brothers and sisters at the Church of the Transfiguration, our sister church in Perm, Russia. We got to talk about ways to strengthen that partnership.
- Tour Mary Ford Elementary School. We partner with Mary Ford to support students, teachers, administration, and parents. I got to meet the principal, Patricia Middleton, and 1st grade teacher, Dana Ferguson. Dana joined us for worship Sunday.
- Share in a wonderful Rally Day with Spirit-filled worship on Sunday.
And those are just a few places Westminster was shining last week! I’m so thankful to be the pastor of a living and growing church!
Come and see what God is doing at Westminster!