Did you hear all the noise on Sunday? I did. Children in the sanctuary! I could hear them before, during, and after the worship service, and I LOVE IT!
It reminded me of a welcoming card I collected from a pew rack years ago when I was visiting a church.
TO THE PARENTS OF OUR YOUNG CHILDREN, MAY WE SUGGEST…
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome!
- Sit toward the front where it is easier for your little ones to see and hear what’s going on at the front. They tire of seeing the backs of others’ heads.
- Quietly explain the parts of the Service and actions of the pastor, ushers, choir, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray, and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- If you have to leave the service with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God, and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.
- Please let your child use the reverse side of this card to draw and doodle.
TO THE MEMBERS OF OUR CHURCH
- The presence of children is a gift to the Church and they are a reminder that our congregation is growing.
- Please welcome our children and give a smile of encouragement to their parents.
- Children, please feel free to do your art work or words on the back of this page!
Come and see (and hear!) what God is doing at Westminster!